The relationship between 5G industrial wireless embedded routers and IoT
The Internet emphasizes interconnection and sharing of information, primarily to facilitate information exchange between people; while the Internet of Things interconnects people and things, things and things, and enables intelligent management and control. Compared with Internet technology, Internet of Things technology is more complex. It has a wider range of industrial applications and has a more significant role in promoting economic and social development.
It has been more than 30 years since the development of embedded systems. Since the Internet of Things was put into the Chinese national strategy, embedded systems have also moved from behind the scenes to the front. First, let’s have a brief understanding of the relationship between embedded routers and the Internet of Things. Then, let’s explain the characteristics of embedded routers and the Internet of Things.
1. The Internet of Things is the result of the integration of the Internet and embedded systems to an advanced stage
2. The embedded system perspective of industrial routers can help us deeply and comprehensively understand the nature of the Internet of Things
3. Embedded systems can be traced back to semiconductor ICS
4. Single-chip-based general-purpose microprocessors and embedded processors constitute the two main branches of today’s computer knowledge revolution: general-purpose and embedded
5. Embedded systems have progressed through an independent development path from smart IoT to local smart IoT.
6. The Internet of Things is advanced, network-based, embedded, and localized integration technology.
7. In the Internet of Things, the infinite proliferation of microprocessors, as the “smart cells” of the “smart earth”, endows them with intelligent characteristics.
Introduction of 5G Industrial Wireless Embedded Router
An embedded system is a dedicated computer system that acts as part of an industrial router. Typically, an embedded system is an embedded processor control board with a control program stored in ROM. In fact, all devices with digital interfaces, such as watches, microwave ovens, video recorders, cars, etc., use embedded systems. Some embedded systems also contain an operating system, but most of these systems are controlled by a single program.
From the perspective of application objects, embedded systems include both hardware and software, as well as mechanical devices. At present, the definition of an embedded system is a device with an application at its core. This device is based on computer technology, software and hardware that can be tailored to meet high requirements for function, reliability, cost, size, power consumption, etc.
Features of Embedded Routers
1. Special software and hardware can be tailored and configurable (embedded systems are application-oriented, and the difference from general systems is that the system functions are specific)
2. Low power consumption, high reliability and high stability
3. The software code is short and the resources (hardware resources, memory, etc.) are less than PC resources.
4. The code can be stored on the memory chip or microcontroller instead of being stored on the disk.
6. Interactivity (generally do not need keyboard and mouse, human-computer interaction is mainly simple)
7. It is the product of combining advanced computer technology, semiconductor technology and electronic technology with specific applications in various industries.
Introduction to the Internet of Things
The Internet of Things is an essential part of the new generation of information technology, and it is also an extremely significant development stage in the “informationization” era. Has different characteristics as follows:
1. Perception technology is widely used in IoT. There are a large number of sensors. Each sensor is a source of information, and the types and forms of this information are also different. The sensor collects data in real time and the surrounding environment is continuously monitored.
2. The most critical foundation and core of the Internet of Things technology is still the Internet, which uses a combination of various wired, wireless and Internet technologies to achieve real-time and accurate transmission of objects. In the Internet of Things environment, the information collected by sensors must be transmitted in real-time through the network. The accuracy and timeliness of the data are guaranteed during the transmission process.
3. The Internet of Things not only provides connections with sensors but also has the intelligent processing function of intelligently controlling objects. By analyzing, processing, and processing a large amount of sensor information to meet the needs of different users, various application fields and application methods are explored.